Mercer Island repiping services involve the replacement of existing pipes in your home. The experts at Apollo have experience performing this task. When a home requires its plumbing to be repiped, it can take a few days to complete the job. We can easily replace a single pipe or upgrade the entire system of your home.
Signs that Your Home Needs to Be Repiped
There are certain signs that your system requires repiping.
- Poor Water Pressure. If your home has unexplained low water pressure, it may signal a problem. Over time, corrosive material builds throughout your lines. This can cause water to trickle from your sink or shower. An experienced Mercer Island plumber can help.
- Water Temperature is Never Correct. When you take your morning shower, you expect steamy water, especially if you have your knob turned all the way to hot. However, you may be greeted with a freezing cold stream of water. Other times, your water may suddenly go from cold to scalding hot. Unexplained temperature fluctuation signals a problem that can be addressed by a professional.
- Discolored Water. Water is normally clear. If you see a hint of red or brown in your supply, you have an issue. Also, metal flakes may be a sign of extreme corrosion. It may mean that you need your lines repiped.
- Constant Leaks. Leaks begin slowly. However, when they become a constant problem, something needs to be fixed. It is essential to have a professional plumber examine your system. Things may need to be repiped.
- Noisy Pipes. It is not uncommon for pipes to make some noise as they adjust to various temperature changes or when they fill with water. However, loud scratches, creeks, and rattles are not normal. They may signal a severe problem.
Benefits of Having Your System Repiped
- Heightened water pressure
- Rust-free water
- Decreased frequency of leaks
Reasons to Work with Apollo Plumbing
There is not a set time to repipe your home. However, when you experience the mentioned issues, it is smart to consult with a professional plumber. At Apollo, we have experience replacing pipes. If you have an older home, have lead pipes, or have problems, it is wise to consider this service. Old pipes can be harmful to your health. In certain circumstances, dangerous metals may seep in your water. Having your system repiped can be a complicated task, especially if your entire home is receiving this upgrade. When you work with us, you receive quick and efficient service. For more information, call us today.
Low water pressure is an early indicator of plumbing trouble. That’s because plumbing, especially galvanized pipe, develops water-restricting buildup and corrosion. Your personal plumbers at Apollo Plumbing are PEX Repiping experts who bring the experience of hundreds of repiping projects to solve plumbing leaks for homes like yours.
Mercer Island PEX Repiping
While copper is an option, we recommend using Uponor PEX. More affordable than copper, PEX (also known as cross-linked Polyethylene) is a high-density, durable plastic tubing that will not pit, scale or corrode.
The advantage of PEX is its flexibility. One end of PEX pipe connects to a PEX manifold. Our PEX Repiping specialists then wind the PEX pipes through walls and floors. PEX runs uninterrupted—to each fixture location.
Residential Repiping PEX Plumbing Advantages
Fewer Leaks: PEX pipes require fewer fittings than traditional piping. This means less chances of leaks at joint connections.
Flexible: PEX pipes can be installed in long runs, including 90-degree turns without coupling fittings.
Corrosion Resistant: PEX pipes resist scale build-up common to copper or galvanized pipe.
Less Expensive: PEX piping is less expensive than copper pipe and because less fittings are needed, installation time is reduced.
Residential Repiping Is A Right Now Thing
Since incoming water pressure remains the same, restricted flow can eventually result in leaks. Leaks lead to water damage. Water damage can lead to mold. That’s why Apollo Plumbing provides quick and dependable Mercer Island PEX repiping.
Starting now saves you money and prevents bigger problems later. Call Apollo Plumbing today. Schedule a no obligation review of your plumbing system to determine is repiping is right for you.
Mercer Island Plumbing Services
Mercer Island is a city in King County, Washington, United States, located on an island of the same name in the southern portion of Lake Washington. Mercer Island is in the Seattle metropolitan area, with Seattle to its west and Bellevue to its east.
Mercer Island is connected to the mainland on both sides by bridges carrying Interstate 90, with the city of Seattle to the west and the city of Bellevue to the east. The Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge and the parallel Homer M. Hadley Memorial Bridge are floating bridges that span Lake Washington and carry, respectively, eastbound and westbound lanes of Interstate 90 and connect Mercer Island to the northern portion of Seattle’s South End. I-90 traverses the northern portion of Mercer Island and is then carried from the island to Bellevue over the East Channel of Lake Washington by the East Channel Bridge. Mercer Island is located closer to Bellevue than it is to Seattle, and is therefore often considered to be part of King County’s Eastside.
The population was 22,699 at the 2010 census and an estimated 25,894 in 2019. Mercer Island is the most populated island in a lake within the United States.[better source needed] The ZIP code 98040 is unique to Mercer Island. Mercer Island has the fifth highest per-capita income in the state of Washington and is one of the 100 richest ZIP codes in the USA according to the IRS figures for Adjusted Gross Income.