You’re probably wondering how much drain cleaning costs if you’ve got a clog. The answer? It depends. A drain can become blocked in multiple ways, each requiring a different effort to fix.
Hire a professional plumber
With a DIY approach, you can save hard-earned cash — if the situation allows. However, hiring a professional drain cleaner comes with several benefits, such as access to expertise and knowledge of your specific issue that results in quick resolutions at an average price which various factors may influence.
Cleaning the drain yourself is the best bargain — if it works.
DIY Drain Cleaning
Many people assume drain cleaner is the go-to drain cleaning method. However, it isn’t the best choice. Drain cleaning liquid is highly toxic. It can create poisonous fumes and harm pipes, leading to serious issues.
Plungers are the other obvious choice, and most of us have used them dozens of times. Select a plunger designed for the type of drain you’re looking to clear. For example, specific styles work better for kitchen sinks than toilets.
You can pick up a cheap plunger at a dollar store, but it will probably fall apart after one or two uses. Sturdier plungers are still inexpensive. On the other hand, they only help with minor clogs close to a drain’s opening.
A snake is the best at-home method. Snakes use a long coil to grab the material in your drain, and using one is a snap if the clog is easy to reach. You can find snakes for as little as $5.
Clearing the P-trap is another option for certain drain types. The P-trap is the curved pipe beneath a sink. You can clean it with the following steps:
- Turn the water off.
- Put a bucket under the pipe to collect any water still in the drain.
- Use a wrench to loosen the P-trap’s nuts and take it apart.
- Remove the clog material.
- Reattach the P-trap.
Nonetheless, if you’re looking up professional prices, you’ve probably already tried home methods and discovered they’re insufficient for your situation.
Professional Drain Cleaning Snaking
Professionals have heavy-duty snakes and know how to use them. Some offer a flat fee, though many bills hourly.
- Our professional team provides efficient drain cleaning services to keep your pipes and drains flowing smoothly. We offer snaking of toilets and kitchen sinks to help ensure a clean, fresh experience when using these fixtures in the home.
- Reclaim your bathroom experience with professional drain-cleaning services. Our experienced technicians will expertly snake and clear tub and shower drains, restoring a smooth flow for an enjoyable bathing experience.
- Keep your sewage mainlines clear and running properly with our professional drain cleaning services. Our experienced team utilizes snaking technology to quickly and efficiently remove persistent clogs, restoring optimal performance in no time!
Plumbers set their prices to cover labor and materials. Simple clogs take little time to remove, but more complex blockages could take a few hours.
Plumbers in places with a high cost of living usually charge more than plumbers in less expensive regions, though there are exceptions. Fortunately, regional differences typically aren’t enormous.
Though it’s financially wise to try do-it-yourself methods first, they don’t always work. If you need a professional, call Apollo Plumbing and you’ll be guaranteed to have a working drain in short order.