A clogged drain in the home isn’t just an inconvenience. If it’s left untreated, it also presents risks to property and health. Though it’s a good idea to start the cleaning process with a household plunger, that doesn’t always work. If DIY methods don’t work, call Apollo Plumbing for prompt, professional service.
When you call us for drain cleaning services, we’ll know just what to use to get things flowing again. Over the years, we’ve seen and heard it all, and our experience allows us to quickly identify the causes of drain blockages and choose the right solutions. Read on to learn the signs of a clog and what’s involved in a professional drain cleaning.
The Signs of a Drain Clog
Most drain clogs occur gradually, which can make them hard to detect in some cases. Here are the most common signs of a clogged drain.
- Water backs up into the sink
- Puddles form around shower drains
- Slow drainage
- The water in the toilet gurgles when the sink is used
- Drains make bubbling sounds when using the dishwasher or washing machine
- Foul odors are emanating from the kitchen sink drain
If you’re noticing issues such as gurgling drains, water accumulation, and strange odors, call us for clog removal and garbage disposal repair services.
The biggest reason for drain clogs is the amount of organic content that goes through them. Debris, dirt, soap scum, hair, food scraps, and other materials all play a role, creating drain clogs and leading to the need for drain clog repair.
If your WA home has hard water, it indicates a high mineral content. These natural minerals build up on the walls of your drain pipes, eventually causing clogs. Though it’s possible to get the drains moving with a plunger in some cases, it’s best to hire a drain cleaning expert for a complete resolution. When we visit your home, we’ll assess the condition of your drains and choose the right solution for the problem.
In some cases, a video inspection is the only way to get a good look at the inside of a drainpipe. Using a small camera mounted on a flexible cable, our technician will find out where the clog is and what it’s made of. Once we’ve determined the nature of a clog, we’ll take steps to eliminate it.
Every home is different, and every drain clog is unique. Some clogs can be removed with vigorous plunging, and some cause intermittent problems. However, the worst kind of drain clog is one that’s resistant to conventional removal methods. These problematic clogs are typically removed via a process known as snaking. Here, a narrow cable is inserted into the drainpipe to remove the clog.
If your drain clog is caused by the mineral buildup that comes with hard water, the experts at Apollo Plumbing may turn to a stronger solution like hydro-jetting to remove the gunk from your pipes. Following the treatment, your technician may recommend the use of an enzyme cleaner to prevent the problem from reoccurring.
Why Drain Cleaning and Unclogging Should be Left to the Professionals
The only real way to perform a do-it-yourself drain cleaning is with a plunger, and that doesn’t always work. If DIY methods are unsuccessful, you’ll need to turn to a professional. As with other things in life, you get what you pay for, and choosing a plumber based solely on price may be expensive in the long term. Here, we’ll list a few reasons to count on the pros for safe, effective drain cleaning services.
- We have the right tools for the job, and we know how to use them. Our plumbing professionals use a range of tools to eliminate clogs and keep them from returning. Our technicians use snakes, augers, hydro-jets, and other tools every day, but that’s only part of the story. We also know when and how to use these tools to safely eliminate clogs.
- Store-bought chemicals are largely ineffective. There’s no guarantee that the bottle of drain cleaner you buy from the supermarket will work to get rid of a problematic clog. Though grocery stores and home improvement outlets undoubtedly have a selection of chemicals meant to clean drain clogs, they don’t all work on every clog. Many homeowners turn to these products as a first line of defense against drain clogs, but that’s not always the best choice. It’s not a good idea to use these cleaners on a regular basis, as they contain caustic chemicals that are bad for your drainpipes and the environment. Additionally, the strength and smell of these chemicals can harm household members. To keep your pipes and your family safe, turn to the pros for drain cleaning services.
- Only the pros can determine what’s causing the problem. Another reason to call a plumber to deal with a drain clog is that you probably don’t know what’s causing the problem. That’s why you shouldn’t use a drain cleaner; it’s not always organic content or dirt that’s clogging a drain. Our trained technicians will thoroughly inspect the clog and the drainpipe and tell you if there’s something else down there. Accidents happen, and valuables such as jewelry sometimes find their way down the drain. We’ll find out what’s creating the clog and take the right steps to remove it.
- Drain clogs cause far-reaching problems. If you find that every drain in your home is clogged and causing issues, there may be a problem with the home’s sewer lines. When these issues are left unresolved for an extended period, they can cause severe, extensive water and drainage issues in the home. If this is the case, turn the main water supply off and call an expert for drain cleaning in WA.
Are you looking for a professional, reliable plumber in Washington? Have you tried conventional clog removal methods and failed to achieve results? We hope you’ll think of us first! Call the experts at Apollo Plumbing to book an appointment.